HOW TO VIEW
While we suggest you do sign up for our mailing list for special announcements and reminders, it is not required to enjoy the season. Here’s how you can access our programs:
- Each day at 11am and/or 5pm PDT the countdown clocks on the relevant program webpage will wind down and a link will be revealed for you to click and view the program.
- After each premiere, the program will be available to you for viewing on demand any time—you won’t miss a thing, and you can even watch programs again and again! Just go to the program page on our website and hit play.
- Join our list just once, and we will send you updates and information as needed. You may also just visit the website and all will be available to you.
- Our live Q&As will be available through the website via a chat function, no Zooming!
- The only Zoom registration required will be for participation the Finale Community Sing and you can now register right on that page. If you don’t wish to be seen on-screen, just sit back and watch as any other program in the season.
The 20/20 Virtual Season website is your key to all our programming! Free and available with a click of the button on the schedule provided here. There are more helpful hints below. If you have further questions, feel free to Contact Us. We look forward to sharing the season with you!
Easy. Effortless. And fun! That’s the goal. We want everyone to experience the Cabrillo Festival magic, so spread the word, and mark your calendars nowc
- While we encourage you to join us at the appointed time, events will be accessible on-demand following each premiere.
- The Donors Concert is invitation-only for Donors of $300+. Please consider donating now to receive your link to watch.
- Most programs will be premiered at either 11am PDT or 5pm PDT, then remain available to stream at your leisure. Just watch the countdown clock wind down til the premiere, then click the button to view.
- On Aug 1, 8, and 9, you’re invited to join live Q&As via online chat.
- On Aug 9, you’re invited to join a Community Sing for our 2020 Finale; to receive the Zoom participation link, sign up on the event page, or you may simply watch and enjoy via the Festival’s website.
No! Thanks to the generous support of foundations and individual donors this year, we’re committed to making our 2020 Virtual Season events free. The exception is our Donors Concert, which is free for donors of $300 or more. Donations at all levels are welcome, and vital in helping us continue our important work in shaping the future of music, and bringing communities together. Make your contribution at any time!
Simple! If you’re not already receiving emails from us, sign up now. We will send updates and reminders, and you can always check the program page you’re interested in and watch that countdown clock tick down until the event premieres!
No special equipment is required! Our virtual season programs are designed to be viewable through any device: laptop, desktop, tablet or mobile phone. (We do offer a few tips to optimize your experience, see below.)
Software: All concerts will stream right on our website, Zoom is only required to participate on-screen in the Finale Community Sing event. You can download Zoom Client for Meetings for free here.
While you don’t need special equipment, there are a few things you can do that will help optimize your virtual season experience.
- If you have options, choose to watch on the best-quality device you have.
- To minimize buffering and increase video quality, quit all other running programs on your device, turn off WIFI to other devices on your network, and dedicate your internet connection to us for the duration of the stream! You’ll be glad you did.
- For the best audio, you might want to invest in auxiliary speakers or a set of good quality headphones.
- When watching a video, make your browser window as large as possible, and click the “enter full screen” icon at bottom right of the video player.
Very possibly! Your Smart TV or TV paired with a streaming device such as a computer or smartphone should be able to accommodate our streaming programs.
- Since our streaming is browser-based, you should be able to mirror your computer, tablet or smartphone to your Smart TV using Apple AirPlay, Roku, Google Chromecast or similar casting methods.
- Connect your TV with an HDMI Cable to your computer/device. Here’s a helpful Wikihow guide with pictures. (This requires appropriate cables and adapters, assuming you have compatible models.)
This is new for all of us. The Cabrillo Festival is doing everything we can to make this experience as easy, effortless, and fun as can be; but as we all know, technology can be a bear, and we are well aware that any of us may run into challenges along the way. As much as we all want to share this experience at the same moment together, as we always have, it’s possible that technical issues may prevent that.
For this very reason, we have opted to leave our programs up online and available for you to stream, free of charge, at your leisure. We hope that news alleviates any concerns you may have about missing out!